Monday, April 2, 2012

Finally

Well, I have heard around that the blog needs to be updated!  It has been awhile.  I must say, I didn't want to! Most of you have probably heard the not so good news that was given at mom's last appt.  For those of you that haven't heard, here's the scoop. Mom has an appt with dr. each time she has chemo.  so we went for her appt. right before the 2nd treatment.  To make a long, painful, shocking story short, we were told the dr. had just read the pet scan results and mom's cancer had actually spread to the nodes in both side of her neck and her chest.  When I told him we were quite shocked by this, since his PA had told us at the last visit that it had not spread and it was all good, he was surprised to hear that she had told us that.  SO WERE WE!!  Anyway, I told Karyn and Roger, and then didn't want to talk about it at all.  In fact, Karyn called Dave and Mike to let them know.  Hence the blog stop!  Well, we are going forward now.  So we have a change.  She will get 4 treatments.  After the 4th treatment, she will have another PET scan.  At that time, depending on what the chemo has done, they will decide how to go forward. 
Mike came to visit for a long weekend last week, and it was great to see him.  I know mom and dad enjoyed his visit.  I do have some pictures to post, but their not on this computer.  So I will post them later.
~D

No comments:

Post a Comment