Friday, March 2, 2012

Beginning

Hi all family and friends.  We have decided to start a blog for mom!  This way everyone can stay up to date!
So, yesterday was mom's first chemo treatment.  She is getting TCH regime.  This is Taxotere, Carboplatin, and Herceptin.
She made it through like a champion!  Morgan and I stayed here last night, (just in case) and gratefully, we all slept very well!  I'm taking her today to get her hair done.  Also, at 4, she goes back to the clinic to get a shot of Neulasta.  This drug could cause her ALOT of pain for 2 - 6 days.  I'm trying to remember all the details rolling around i my head, but if I remember right, this has something to do with her bone marrow.  It helps her white blood count so it doesn't get so low, and also, to reginerate the white blood cells faster.
I didn't think about it yesterday, but I will take some pictures next time while she's getting her chemo so you can see.
Gotta run her to her hair appt.  Thanks for all your love, support, and prayers!!
~D

No comments:

Post a Comment